Today I attended a Webinar that discussed the 6 steps to becoming a Viral Educator. I found this to be a very valuable webinar in order to get organised and get ready for the next step of my adventure of becoming a great technology teacher, school coordinator, technology specialist, etc.
These 6 steps were presented by: Steven Anderson
Some of you may feel that there are more or less then 6 steps. Please feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts on becoming a viral educator.
Step 1: Form a Brand (your online profile)
- It’s all about your digital footprint
- Name – Always use the same spelling (Middle initial or not)
- Your Blog
- Combine together –https://about.me/
- QR Code – Link to your information http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
Step 2: Get connected
Alec Couros, PhD Thesis illustration,
the Networked Teacher …
Step 3: Share
- A two way connection – give information back
- Create new information or
- Share the information
- http://www.slideshare.net/ a great place to share your presentations with others.
Step 4: Reflect and think (reflections helps us grow and learn)
- Be CURIOUS
- Start a blog
- Ask questions
Step 5: Grow
- Take time to engage in edchat, read others’ blogs, comment, and post new info.
- Read others people posts, tweets, etc that think differently than you do
Step 6: Have fun
- Always remember to Have Fun
Thanks for reading!
And If you are just getting started, start with Twitter, follow me : @canadianteched and check out : Social Media Getting Started: http://www.cybraryman.com/chats.html
On October 6th, 2011, I participated in an amazing Webinar, offered by SimpleK12, that shared a lot of very useful tools for our classroom.
I hope you find these applications useful as they are also very well organized for each level of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
Blooms chart (New Version)
Knowledge and Rembering
Comprehension and Understanding
Application and Applying
Evaluate (Formerly the top)
Links from the webinar: