This tool is really easy to use!
You can save or upload your video into YouTube, you can embed your video into your webpage, blog or wiki and share with your students and other teachers.
Check out some of the PowerPoint presentations my students created and shared with their classmates, using screencast-o-matic.
Not only can your student record their presentations, but teachers can record their lessons for student to refer back to them later on!
Ever have students constantly asking questions about how to do something on the computers? By providing your students with a step by step video, they can watch it as many times as they need to in order to understand what they need to do!
Any online teachers out there??? What a great tool for students to use to be able to share their projects with peers in their virtual classroom.
Ready, set, record!
On October 6th, 2011, I participated in an amazing Webinar, offered by SimpleK12, that shared a lot of very useful tools for our classroom.
I hope you find these applications useful as they are also very well organized for each level of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
Blooms chart (New Version)
Knowledge and Rembering
- Visuwords – graphical connection – Online Graphical dictionary http://www.visuwords.com
- LinoIT – sticky notes – http://en.linoit.com
- Studyblue = flash cards – http://www.studyblue.com
- What to learn = Create own games – http://www.what2learn.com
- Jeopardy Labs = 1$ donation – http://jeopardylabs.com/
- Spelling City = Vocab http://www.spellingcity.com/
Comprehension and Understanding
- Discovery Education – Subject area free discussion and lessons http://www.discoveryeducation.com
- BBC – Games and Videos Galore – http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/games/
- Hippocampus – Online digital Media (like a digital textbook) – http://hippocampus.org
- Annenberg – Free media – http://www.learner.org
- Bubbl.US – Mindmapping – http://bubbl.us – Like Inspiration – Can be exported
- Voki – Talking avatars – http://www.voki.com
Application and Applying
- Wolfram Alpha – using search to develop and construct- http://www.wolframalpha.com
- Vocaroo – (Flash) audio recording – http://vocaroo.com – get links or embedding code
- Soundcloud – Use phone to record audio – http://soundcloud.com like http://cinch.fm
- Xtranormal – Animated Movies creating audio from your text or you can upload audio http://Xtranormal.com
- 10 x 10 – Get material on topics from many different angles – http://www.tenbyten.org
- Exploratree – visualize conclusions – advanced mindmapping – have templates for ideas – http://www.exploratree.org.uk
- Animoto – Free video making site (30 seconds free) – http://animoto.com
- Popplet – visual display, like poster board or mindmap – embed videos into mindmap – http://popplet.com
- Jaycut – free video editing w/o camera or download http://jaycut.com/
Evaluate (Formerly the top)
- Fotobabble – Record audion over picture – http://fotobabble.com
- Authorstream – Share your powerpoints with audio – http://authorstream.com
- Protagonize – Upload writing projects for feeadback –http://www.protagonize.com
- ToonDoo- Comic stripping type site – http://www.toondoo.com
- Nota – collaborative whiteboard/webpage – many people can work on it at the same time – http://notaland.com (has education version)
- Voicethread – Make comments on a picture with audio – http://voicethread.com
- Go Animate – animation -http://goanimate.com/
- Screencast-O-matic – Desktop recording (online) http://www.screencast-o-matic.com
- Glogster – Digital poster board – http://Glogster.com
- Prezi – More sophisticated slideshow has educational licence that gives teacher more –http://prezi.com
- Stupeflix -add images/text/audio tracks to make video – http://www.stupeflix.com/
Links from the webinar: